Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy Day, EASY BREAD!


Dear friends of domestic enjoyments,
Please enjoy the easiest (and very yummy) bread recipe I recently discovered from a woman in my ward. I've made many different recipes, and this is so simple!! No kneading required! It's true. Much less messy! It's one of my Christmas miracle. :)

P.S. This doesn't take as long as the directions look. Don't get intimidated!

Use plastic bowl if available. Makes 4 large loaves (white or multi-grain)
5 cups hot water
2 T salt
2/3 c. sugar (or about 1/2 c. honey)
2/3 c. oil
1/2 c. bread flour
STIR 1 MINUTE
3 T yeast
STIR 1 MINUTE
10 c. bread flour
---if doing a multi-grain bread--i.e. whole wheat, cracked wheat, cornmeal, oatmeal, wheat bran, barley flour, mashed potatoes, etc.--use any combo but be sure 5c. of the 10 are bread flour.
STIR UNTIL MIXED
RAISE in warm place for 20 minutes
DUMP dough onto an oiled counter and divide into 4 parts and squish briefly into cucumber shape
ROLL very flat (about cardboard width) on oiled surface (with oiled rolling pin). It's best to start in the middle and do 1/2 at a time, going length-wise
ROLL up the dough like a cinnamon roll
PLACE in sprayed loaf pans with seam down
RAISE 20 min. at lowest oven setting
BAKE at 325 for 30 minutes
REMOVE bread from pans
COOL bread on towel
CUT with electric or good serrated knife

Hurray for bread-making...and eating!

3 comments:

  1. Look at you- Mrs. Domestic Goddess! Hope you two have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! Did you make that pie too? I want to be like you when I grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the recipe! I'll have to try it and let you know how it turns out for me :)

    ReplyDelete